Fertilizer Spreader Settings
|GolfgreenTM||Settings for CIL©, Earthway©,
Vigoro & So-Green© Spreader
|Settings for Scotts© Spreaders|
|Lawn Fertilizer 28-3-6||9 (1/2 Rate)||18||3||5.25|
|Lawn Fertilizer 20-0-5 / 22-0-6||9 (1/2 Rate)||18||3||5.25|
|with Weed Control 24-3-6||9 (1/2 Rate)||18||3||5.25|
|with Crabgrass Control 24-3-6 Early Spring Pre-emergent||9 (1/2 Rate)||18||3||5.25|
|with Crabgrass Control 24-3-6 Late Spring Post-emergent||9 (1/2 Rate)||18||12||24|
|Fall Lawn Food 12-3-18 / 12-0-18||9 (1/2 Rate)||18||3||4.25|
|Fall Fertilizer with Weed Control 12-3-18||9 (1/2 Rate)||18||4||6|
|C-I-L© GG Bio Weed & Feed||23 (1/2 Rate)||23||15||17|
How to calibrate your fertilizer spreader
If your spreader is not listed here, you can determine which setting to use by conducting this simple test:
- Read all directions and precautions on the bag.
- Weigh out enough of the fertilizer to cover 100 m2 and put it in the spreader. (Bathroom scales will help you do this.)
- Set your spreader on a low setting. (Usually one quarter of the way open is a good starting point.)
- Spread the material you put in the spreader over 100 m2 (10 m x 10 m) [1076 sq. ft. (33 ft x 33 ft)].
- Ideally the product will run out when you get to the end of the 100 m2 area. If you have a little left over, increase the setting slightly. If you don't have enough to cover the full 100 m2, reduce the setting slightly.
- Write the setting and product name on a piece of tape and apply to the spreader for future reference.
We recommend that spreaders be re-calibrated periodically.